Artwork and Technical Specifications
Our artwork and design services use the latest
programs and work with quality clients and projects giving them
excellent opportunity to make the layouts strong and appealing.
They understand the printing process and design
accordingly, ensuring that what you approve on proof will be supplied
as the final printed copy.
We can also accept artwork that is produced from
commercial design applications.
Whilst we are very confident in our pre-press
service here are some simple guidelines that allow us to complete
your job smoothly and on time if you are supplying artwork for printing.
- All files must be in CMYK and/or Spot colour. RGB is not suitable, however conversions to CMYK can be done on request.
- All linked files must be supplied for each job including all fonts and placed images.
- In certain applications (particularly PC jobs) it is preferable
to ‘outline’ any fonts used to avoid font problems. If using InDesign
please ensure that you check the option to 'include fonts and
links from any hidden layers'.
- Any raster files (Photoshop EPS, TIF, JPG, etc) should have a resolution of 300dpi when placed at 100% into any artwork.
- Any missing files may result in delays in finishing the job.
- All jobs must have 3mm of bleed outside of the trim area, if trimming is required.
- All jobs must be accompanied by at least one of either a full
set of colour proofs or separated laser prints and high resolution
Artwork can be supplied as:
- CD (Mac & PC)
- DVD-R/RW (Mac & PC)
- Email (compressed in SIT or ZIP format) - maximum file size
- Zip Disk 100/250MB (Mac & PC)
We can accept files in these formats:
- Quark (Mac & PC)
- InDesign (Mac & PC)
- Illustrator (Mac & PC)
- Photoshop (Mac & PC)
- Acrobat (Mac & PC)
- CorelDraw (PC)
Note: Mac files are preferable to PC files. All
jobs must have a ‘Press Optimised’ PDF supplied, as
well as the original files. We do not accept Word or Publisher as
print artwork - any files presented in these programs may incur
additional charges to convert them into print artwork.
If you have any concerns or queries re: tech
specs or pre-press please contact us on 08 8381 2577 or email